Robotic Process Automation
Today, the world is moving forward with variants of technologies. As a result of that, the future workplace will be blend with human and software bots. This human and software bots relationship will create many exciting opportunities for the world.
Are you ready for that challenge?
If not, now would be an excellent time to consider those exciting technologies.
RPA is one of that technology that you can challenge to world technology.
The process of automating business operations with the help of robots to reduce human intervention is called RPA. Actually, RPA is a challenging technology that is designed to automate the high volume of repeatable tasks that take a large percentage of worker’s time.
This is a technology that allows anyone today to configure computer software to emulate and integrate the actions within the humans and digital systems to execute a business process.
RPA allows organizations to automate at a fraction of the cost and time previously encountered by delivering direct profitability while improving accuracy across organizations and industries.
Getting started with RPA
What is RPA?
The process of automating business operations with the help of robots to reduce human intervention is known as Robotic Process Automation
Think you want to publish an article on social media every day at a specific time. For that, you have to do it manually or appoint an employee to do that task. Both methods are time and money consuming. Imagine, if you can appoint a software robot to do that repetitive tasks on behalf of you. It’s awesome, That’s why RPA comes into the picture.
What are the things that RPA robots can do?
RPA robots are capable of mimicking human actions and by using this RPA robot we can log into applications, move files and folders, copy and paste data, fill in forms, extract data from documents, and scraping data from the web sites
Difference between test automation and RPA
RPA Implementation methodology
- Planning – Identify processes which you want to automate
- Development – Start developing the automation workflow as per agreed plan
- Testing – Run testing cycles to identify and correct defects
- Maintenance – Provide continuous support after going production
Best Practices of RPA Implementation
- Consider business impact before opting for the RPA process
- Define and focus on the desired ROI
- Focus on targeting larger groups and processes
- Don’t forget the impact on people
Advantages of RPA
- RPA can automate complex process easily
- RPA takes care of repetitive tasks and saves time and resources
- Real-time visibility into a defect
- Software robots do not get tired
Disadvantages of RPA
- The bot is strict to the speed of the application
- After changing the automation scripts that need to reconfigure the bot
We can select the RPA tool by considering below 4 parameters.
- Type of tasks mainly performed
- Artificial Intelligence
There are a lot of tools that are used for robotic process automation and below are some popular tools that are used in today’s industry.
- Blue Prism
- Automation Anywhere
Finally, this is a marvelous technology which will make our life much more exciting. Here I have only shared the basics of RPA. It has more to discover and learn. Keep learning more about RPA……
Sajeeka Mayomi is a QA Engineer at Zone24x7. You can also follow her on LinkedIn.